Do you know a young person who wants to learn more about what goes on in their state government?
The Washington State Senate has one of the best page programs in the country, and applications for 2024 are open! This exciting program allows young Washingtonians to get a closer look at the civic process and meet other students from all across the state.
Pages are students aged 14 through 16 who serve for one week during the legislative session. During that week, they spend time in Page School learning about the legislative process while also distributing materials throughout the Capitol campus, assisting legislators, working on the Senate floor, and presenting the colors at the opening of each day’s legislative session. Pages receive pay during their week in Olympia. Scholarships are also available for pages from families with financial need, and housing is available with host families in Olympia.
How you can get involved in the upcoming session:
As the session approaches, I hope you will get in touch with my office about the issues most important to you. Many of the ideas for legislation I’ve sponsored came from constituents — including some terrific high school students — and all the bills we have passed benefitted from public input. Your time and effort help me do the best job I can representing our communities in the 45th Legislative District – Kirkland, Redmond, Woodinville, Duvall, and Sammamish
- Learn how a bill becomes a law at leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Overview.aspx.
- Find legislation at app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/.
- Watch your democracy in action at TVW.org.
- Testify in committee hearings remotely or in person at leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Participating.aspx.
- Stay informed by calling the Legislative Hotline at 1.800.562.6000.
- Follow my official legislative Facebook page at Facebook.com/SenatorDhingra.
- Reach out via my contact information below.
Stay in touch
As always, please feel free to reach out to my office directly with any questions or concerns. Take care!
Senator, 45th Legislative District
Deputy Majority Leader