Do you know a young person who wants to learn more about what goes on in their state government?
The Washington State Senate has one of the best page programs in the country, and applications for 2024 are open! This exciting program allows young Washingtonians to get a closer look at the civic process and meet other students from all across the state.
Pages are students aged 14 through 16 who serve for one week during the legislative session. During that week, they spend time in Page School learning about the legislative process while also distributing materials throughout the Capitol campus, assisting legislators, working on the Senate floor, and presenting the colors at the opening of each day’s legislative session. Pages receive pay during their week in Olympia. Scholarships are also available for pages from families with financial need, and housing is available with host families in Olympia.
One of the most rewarding aspects of serving as your state senator is helping support and encourage young people to be engaged in our legislative process and the policy work that goes on in Olympia. The Senate Page Program is a wonderful opportunity for our young people to learn about the work of the Legislature and help encourage continued engagement in the future.
How you can get involved in the upcoming session:
My work is not possible without the input and support of constituents and people like you. That is why I am writing to encourage you to participate and to let you know how. Your time, effort and involvement help me do the best job I can representing our communities in the 49th Legislative District.
- Learn how a bill becomes a law at leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Overview.aspx.
- Find legislation at app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/.
- Watch your democracy in action at TVW.org.
- Testify in committee hearings remotely or in person at leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Participating.aspx.
- Stay informed by calling the Legislative Hotline at 1.800.562.6000.
- Follow my official legislative Facebook page at Facebook.com/SenatorCleveland.
- Reach out via my contact information below.
Stay in touch:
As always, my office is here to help. Please feel free to reach out directly with any comments or concerns.
Sen. Annette Cleveland