OLYMPIA – The Senate on Tuesday passed SB 5974— Move Ahead Washington, which would allocate $16.8 billion over 16 years to prioritize the transportation sector of our state with unprecedented investments and reduce our carbon footprint.
“This package would truly move Washington ahead of the nation in the transportation sector, change the way we travel as a community, and fund repairs for our existing infrastructure,” said Sen. June Robinson (D-Everett). “It is a strong, healthy, and smart transportation package for all our communities.”
This bill will pay for many investments unique to the 38th Legislative District which include:
- $210 million for the US 2 trestle capacity improvements
- $206 million for transportation access distribution for community and Everett transit
- $46.8 million for local projects
- North Broadway pedestrian bridge
- Paine Field access (100th St. SW)
- 156th Street railroad overcrossing
- SR 99 business access and transit lanes from 148th St SW to Airport Rd
- $30.5 million for I-5 improvements from NB Marine View Dr to SR 529
- $30 million for Swift Bus Rapid Transit
Move Ahead Washington will invest in the long-delayed maintenance on existing transportation infrastructure and improve transportation options for all our communities. This package will bring forward a brighter future for our environment and communities by providing safe, sustainable, and equitable transit options.