Curious about how legislation is created and passed, or about how to engage in the process?

Join Senator Mona Das, Representative Jamila Taylor, and me TONIGHT at 6:30 PM, where we will go LIVE on Facebook to talk about the process by which legislation is created and passed, and about how YOU can get involved.


Know any Educators, School Staff, or  Licensed Child Care employees? Please share the following two vaccine resources.


This upcoming weekend, local Walmart pharmacies will have available COVID-19 vaccine appointments specifically for educators, teachers, school staff and licensed child care employees. Call 1-833-886-0023 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are also available to eligible household members.

For your appointment, bring your ID, proof of vaccine eligibility if applicable, and insurance card (red, white, and blue card if over 65) if you have one. Plan to stay on-site for at least 15 minutes after your shot while you are monitored for an allergic reaction.

OSPI’s “Get Ready” School Employee Program:

Washington state school employees can schedule their COVID-19 vaccination through Kaiser Permanente, whether they are members or not. While employees are not required to get their vaccine through Kaiser Permanente, this collaboration offers a tool for school employees to receive the vaccine safely and equitably. For more information, please visit the OSPI’s FAQ page on the “Get Ready” Program.

Rental Assistance From Dept. Of Commerce:

In addition to the rent/utilities program by Pierce County and the City of Tacoma (link), if you’re a tenant or a small landlord in need of rent assistance, you can apply to the Eviction Rent Assistance Program (ERAP). Applicants can call 211 for assistance. In addition to connecting you to active rent assistance programs in their area, the 211 team can also let folks know about other services they may be eligible for. Eligible applicants can receive support for 12 months of rent and utility payments. County providers will pay landlords directly.

Small landlords may be eligible for assistance if their tenants do not meet eligibility for rent assistance or are not making payments. If a landlord has sole ownership of four or less units and income less than area median income, they can apply to the Dept. of Commerce for assistance. Information on the Landlord Relief Program is available here.

Rental Utilities Assistance for Pierce County Residents (Renters AND Landlords)

As I shared in my last email, Pierce County has announced rental and utilities assistance for overdue rent and/or utility bills. Eligible utilities include electric, water, sewer, gas, garbage pickup, fuel oil and internet.

Renters could be eligible for up to 12-months of rental assistance based on need. To be eligible, applicants must fall under 80% Area Median Income (AMI), have been impacted by COVID-19, have overdue rent and/or utilities, and live in Pierce County, including the City of Tacoma.

To read more information, click here. To access the application, click the image below or the link here. Applicants without internet access are encouraged to call 2-1-1. Please note that both tenants AND landlords can apply.

Recovery from the pandemic remains one of my top priorities. As we continue to pursue solutions for economic recovery and housing, I am ecstatic that this local resource is available today.

If you need any assistance navigating this resource, please reach my office at T’, or by calling 360-786-7654