The 2021 legislative session is underway, and lawmakers have already approved $4 billion in COVID-19 economic relief for families and small businesses, with additional relief measures to follow.
State legislators Sen. Marko Liias, Rep. Lillian Ortiz-Self, and Rep. Strom Peterson will host a virtual town hall to discuss these economic relief bills and answer questions from constituents about the legislative session.
Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal will also join the discussion to provide an update on federal issues.
The virtual town hall will happen on:
6 – 7 p.m.
Viewers can watch the live stream on any of the following channels:
- Sen. Marko Liias Facebook Page (submit questions for the lawmakers in the comments section here.)
- Rep. Lillian Ortiz-Self Facebook Page
- Rep. Strom Peterson Facebook Page
- Washington Senate Democrats YouTube channel
- Sen. Marko Liias – Twitter (Periscope)
Residents of the 21st Legislative District are encouraged to submit questions for lawmakers ahead of time in the Facebook comments section of the live stream event, on Twitter using the hashtag #WA21TownHall, or they can submit their questions here: surveymonkey.com/r/X2RNBG2.