Last week, the Senate approved the 2015-17 Transportation Budget to cover the cost of existing transportation projects. I remain confident that we will also pass a transportation revenue package before the end of the special session that creates over 200,000 jobs and invests more than $2.3 billion in Pierce County.
Here is a list of Pierce County projects funded by the 2015-17 Transportation Budget:
- I-5/Tacoma HOV Improvements – $275 million
- I-5/ 49th St. to 38th St. – Fiber Communications- $122,000
- SR 512/ SR7 to I-5 – Congestion Management – $1 million
- Pierce Transit- Route 1 Connections/ Route 4 112th Street Peak Hour Service – $2.3 million
- Pierce Transit, SR 7/ Pacific Avenue Peak Hour Service Expansion – $1.2 million
- Tacoma- Point Defiance Bypass – $80 million