OLYMPIA – Following the results of the 2017 election and a shift in the Washington State Senate from Republican to Democratic control, leadership within the Senate Democratic Caucus will continue mostly unchanged.
Sen. Sharon Nelson, D-Maury Island, will be Senate Majority Leader, having served as Minority Leader since 2014.
“We have a great team in place, one representative of Washington’s values and its diversity and one that cares deeply about the people of this state,” Nelson said. “Our entire caucus is ready to get back to work and is humbled by this opportunity.”
The Senate Democratic Leadership team is as follows:
• Sen. Sharon Nelson, D-Vashon Island, Majority Leader
• Sen. Andy Billig, D-Spokane, Deputy Majority Leader
• Sen. John McCoy, D-Tulalip, Majority Caucus Chair
• Sen. Lisa Wellman, D-Mercer Island, Majority Vice Caucus Chair
• Sen. Marko Liias, D-Lynnwood, Majority Floor Leader
• Sen. Patty Kuderer, D-Bellevue, Assistant Majority Floor Leader
• Sen. Rebecca Saldaña, D-Seattle, Majority Whip
• Sen. Mark Mullet, D-Issaquah, Assistant Majority Whip
• Sen. Karen Keiser, D-Kent, President Pro Tem
• Sen. Steve Conway, D-Tacoma, Vice President Pro Tem