Home / 2023 Priorities
Build healthier communities
- Ensure we have a workforce of health care professionals able to provide the care people need and behavioral health care centers in every region in Washington.
- Continue to build the necessary, compassionate, and effective systems to support vulnerable neighbors and intervene to help all people in crisis.
- Provide schools with the tools and staff they need to support students’ mental health.
- Guarantee everyone has the freedom to access reproductive health care in Washington.
- Continue to lower costs and reduce barriers, so health care is accessible for all Washingtonians.
Healthy planet, strong economy
- Continue to lead the world in climate resiliency, clean energy and green job creation.
- Work closely and in collaboration with tribal partners.
- Use the Climate Commitment Act revenue to invest in overburdened communities on the front lines of the climate crisis.
- Ensure salmon recover and thrive in our waters.
- Protect those most affected by pollution.
Safety for all
- Connect Washingtonians caught in crisis and substance use disorder with effective treatment and support.
- Ensure each and every one of us is safe, and also feel safe and welcome in all communities.
- Continue work on common-sense gun safety legislation.
- Ensure peace officers reflect the communities they serve and have the training and support they need to do their jobs well.
- Invest in community-based programs to ensure emergency response results in appropriate, supportive outcomes.
- Ensure the public and policymakers have access to accurate information about public safety so that policies can be written in an informed, holistic way.
- Improve traffic safety by reducing cyclist, driver, and pedestrian injuries and fatalities.
A home for everyone
- Increase our housing supply in every community so there are sufficient and affordable homes for every Washingtonian.
- Expand upon our prior investments in the Housing Trust Fund to build and preserve affordable housing – putting the most in need first.
- Ensure our most underserved and overburdened community members have equitable access to stable housing.
- Help mend the racial wealth gap by promoting homeownership opportunities for all Washingtonians.
Success for every child, from childcare to the classroom
- Help families by ensuring that high quality childcare is available, affordable, and convenient for parents who need to work.
- Implement the Fair Start for Kids Act – historic legislation that expands and stabilizes the childcare industry and improves childcare access and affordability for all working families.
- Fund special education to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Continue to support a robust, well-trained and well-compensated workforce to fill the essential need of childcare, and to attract and retain the best teachers so all kids can have a great teacher.
- The last two years have been tough on our kids. We must work to support the holistic needs of all kids inside and outside of the classroom.